Saturday, February 17, 2007

How brave am I?

Today I unravelled by Artic Diamonds Stole because I had made too many mistakes in it and decided that I wanted to go one needle size down. I had made a gauge swatch, but I think i didn't realize that it was too "loose" until I started knitting the whole thing. I also unravelled my Pomatomus socks because they look like they are going to be too tight and I suspect that I might run out of yarn since I was using Koigu and the yardage of Koigu ius not as long as some other yarns such as Lorna's Laces. I wonder if what I should knit with this yarn now. I'll probably knit some sort of toe up socks but what should the pattern be? I wonder...

I also ordered light purple/light green solid Koigu for my entrelac socks and 4 skeins of some maroonish KPPPM for a Charlotte's web shawl for my mom. Her birthday is April 11th and then mother's day will be in early may. It'll be fun doing it again, because I haven't made a unicolored Charlotte before and I can't get enough of Koigu. Blah, I'm going to go BROKE! But at least I'll be happy and broke!

3 comments:

Mango Kiwi said...

I should also add that I bought 2 skeins of tofutsies since Chezcas was having a 15% off sale. Not a bad deal, but I probably don't need more yarn.

sonia said...

Why oh why oh why??? So much work gone to waste

Mango Kiwi said...

they were messed up.