Saturday, February 10, 2007

Colors for the Entrelac Socks

I am going to knit the Entrelac socks (in the new Spring IK), so I've been surfing the web, looking for colors that I like for them. I decided that I'm going to get the 5 skeins of Koigu Solids from the Knitting Zone because I like them a lot. I just wish they had a bit bigger selection of the solids...

Anyway, here are the candidates (feel free to tell me what you think):

navy blue (1002) + hot pink (1173)
bright teal (2130) + very light beige (2381)
light green (2331) + very light beige (2381)
light purple (1013) + very light beige (2381)
light purple (1013) + light green (2331)

It's also possible to substitute light pinky beige (1144) for very light beige (2381), above. Oh god, so many choices and it's so hard to know how it's going to look! And of course, if you have better suggestions, please let me know!

6 comments:

Katie said...

well, my vote would be for a "juicy" and a "blah", probably with the juicy darker than the blah, and in differnt colors. Does that help at all?

Mango Kiwi said...

yeah i think that's a really good idea, i just dwell too much on these things!

Amie said...

purple and green!

Mango Kiwi said...

i like that suggestion too! that would be pastel socks, how pretty!

Minh said...

I vote for:
teal with very light beige
OR
light purple with very light beige.

I think that the entrelac would pop out more with a very light color as in Eunny's socks.

Esha said...

you know me, Id vote for navy blue and hot pink!