Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Started my Artic Lace Stole today!

I only did the "beginning edging", so maybe tomorrow I can actually start the charted pattern! I think the charted pattern will look very cool, I knit one of the "diamonds" for the gauge swatch. Perhaps I will take it with me to New Orleans. (It is in Cherry Red GEMS Perl).

At my New Year's party I said my New Year's resolution was to knit a sweater this year. So I will have to look for good sweater patterns. I also want to knit the two shawls that were in IK Summer '06 and IK Fall '06, so I better buy me some Alpaca! I just splurged on 3 skeins of Lady Godiva that I will either use to knit a Clapotis or an Ella (also from Knitty).

I went to ThreadBear Fiber Arts with my mom during this holiday break and my mom bought a sweater kit for me that will be made of Garnstudio Alpaca in a deep purple color. I didn't buy anything which was amazing! I am excited though that my mom is knitting me a sweater!

No comments: