Saturday, September 09, 2006

Before and After -- Misty Garden



I got my La Boheme in the mail not too long ago and used it to make the Misty Garden scarf from Scarf Style, so here are some before and after pictures. This scarf knit up so fast, I couldn't believe it! But after knitting socks for a while the size 9 needles which I used seemed colossal! Seriously, I think this is the quickest project I have ever done. I think this is going to be a nice warm winter scarf since the scarf came both wide and long. I don't know if you can tell from the picture but the yarn shines -- La Boheme is a double strand yarn with one strand of mohair along with a strand of rayon boucle that is shiny. I spent a lot on the La Boheme and am not sure it was worth quite so much, but my roommates really liked this scarf. When I was knitting with the second skein, I sort of had issues with the strands lining up since they have different tensions, so there were parts when I was knitting with one color of the mohair and a different color of the boucle. Luckily I didn't have any problems winding the yarn on my swift that other people said they had. I wound the yarn slowly in order to prevent having a lot of the mohair left over... I do really love this colorway though, Raspberry Mocha! Hmm, that actually sounds yummy, I want a raspberry mocha :)

1 comment:

Minh said...

Great job on your scarf! Will treat you to a Raspberry Mocha as a reward :)