Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Started Jaywalker Number 2!

I started Jaywalker No. 2 as I was looking for a break in between my researching. This one will also be in Lorna's Laces, in the Tuscany colorway (red, blue, and brown). Not sure why it's called that... I finished a cuff and just started the zig-zag pattern. I will have to do this pattern again in STR at some point since I have not tried that before.

I ordered the Charlotte's Web pattern with 5 purple skeins of Koigu and plan to knit the shawl from dark to light (hopefully it will look good). It will be my first shawl. (I once tried to do Ene's Scarf from Scarf Style and after casting on 375 stitches, I goofed and had to rip it out. I decided I didn't want to re-cast-on 375 stitches.)

I'm also awaiting a baby blanket pattern and yarn (in pink) for my friend's baby who due at the beginning of December. I'm not sure that I can manage in this short of a time, but I'm not in the mood to knit socks these days... I'm in the mood to knit bigger things. I probably just started the Jaywalkers since I needed something to knit.

No comments: