Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Charlotte's Web kit came in the mail


My Charlotte's web pattern and 5 skeins of Koigu came in the mail today, but I'm a bit disappointed with the solid color. I expected it to be darker and I think that it doesn't really go with other skeins. I debating whether to get another skein of variegated Koigu instead. The thing is, I don't know whether to go for a darker purple or a lighter (more pastel) pink/pastel. I was thinking that I would arrange the colors from light to dark and so the shawl would go from light to dark from top to bottom. What do you think?



On a side note, I don't know what to do with one skein of Koigu. Any ideas?

4 comments:

Minh said...

I think my Charlotte's web used 4 skeins so you could use the 4 variegated ones for the lace pattern and the solid one for the fringe -- you might not even need a 5th variegated skein, but if you do, I vote for a purple skein!

One lonely skein of Koigu makes a pair of fingerless mittens (not bad if you type a lot and it's cold).

Mango Kiwi said...

I think I don't actually want fringe... Your suggestion is perfect actually. I start with the light colors so I can wait til the end to see if I need a darker purple skein! Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

Errr. It deleted my original comment. How annoying!

So I think no fringe. Fringe = Old lady, you are not an old lady yet, because that would mean I am, and I am not ready to face that fact yet.

I do like the solid colored skein... but the colors seem more mulberry-ish than purple. And I think you are right that the solid color doesn't quite match the variegated. Can you return it?

Anonymous said...

Hmm. I think you are right about the solid. I'd be tempted to replace it with a variegated one. Also, I think you'll have more than one skein of Koigu - you'll also have the leftovers of the other colors. You could make striped Koigu socks!