It's a been a while since I updated my blog, so let me do that now. I didn't knit for a while over the break, since I didn't have any room to fit my knitting into my luggage, oh the sadness. Let me just tell you what I have on my needles now and what I recently finished.
What's on the needles right now:
1. Chevron Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts - this is really boring actually, I just wanted to use up some of STR Mediumweight, the scarf looks nice, but so BORING!
2. Hourglass Socks in STR Jade - these are fun! I like the pattern, I like the way it's turning out! These are my friend Katrina.
3. I recently decided to resume knitting the Broadstreet Mittens I had started over 2 years ago. They are nice, but they are in black. Kind of boring.
4. Some generic socks in STR Mediumweight Scottish Highlands for my mom. My mom likes the really thick socks so these are made especially for her.
5. Hedera Socks in STR Lightweight Tanzanite for me. This is also boring me. I wonder if I will ever finish these. I started this project I'm guessing over 6 months ago.
Some stuff that's been idle for a while that I need to finish:
1. My Wheat Ear Cable Yoke Sweater. Just needs to be seamed. I don't know how to seam and it's boring. Maybe I will get to it eventually.
2. My Wrap Sweater from Knitting Pure and Simple. I believe just a sleeve needs to be finished and the some finishing work.
3. STR mediumweight socks generic toe-up in STR Mediumweight Dutch Canyon.
4. The Wisp Scarf from Knitty in Rowan Kidsilk Haze, for my sister. Also started over 6 months ago.
5. The tilted duster I started way long ago.
What I recently finished:
1. My Lace Ribbon Scarf. I had started this a while ago, "finished" it with one skein and the decided I wanted to make it longer, so i made it ~80" inches instead of ~60". Now I have finished it for good, though it needs to be blocked.
And to further distract me from my goal of finishing these projects, I've decided that I want to try a fair-isle project. I bought some yarn from Woolcott to make a pair of fair-isle mittens (specifically the White Witch Mitts), two colors of Classic Elite Fresco and two colors of Debbie Bliss Rialto, hope they turn out nice! I'm getting kind of bored of socks the way I traditionally knit them, so I am eager to start knitting some mittens (I have my eye on the two Eunny Jang patterns in addition to the one above) and some hats (I have my eye on the beaded one by Grumperina and a beret that was in the IK a few years ago) or socks two at a time.
I also need to buy a 40" US 1 circular needle so that I learn how to knit two socks at the same time using my awesome new book that my friend Minh got me!
When am I going to finish the 10 projects I have listed above!?!