Saturday, November 10, 2007

yarn shopping

I did a bit of yarn shopping... it had been a while so I think I deserved it! My Koigu stash was knitting dangerously low and the color that I had in my stash was pretty close to the fleece artist hand maiden that I just finished knitting. So I bought two pairs of Koigu, one purplish and the other brownish -- both looked very cool from the pictures. I also bought some regia silk since someone on the knitters forum said that regia silk was their favorite sock yarn. I also bought some solid cherry tree hill since little knits was having a sale and selling it for $14. Practically a steal if you ask me! Koigu is my favorite sock yarn of all time but I think Cherry Tree Hill is a close second! I also needed to replace my size 1 dpns and splurged on some rosewood needles, so far they are working great! I need to post pictures of my sister's finished crazy stripe socks and of the fleece artist hand maiden socks that I recently finished. I have 3 socks in progress right now -- I'm knitting a pair of Monkey Socks out of Fleece Artist Hand Maiden, a pair of Waving Lace Socks out of Cherry Tree hill and a pair of Jaywalkers out of LL Tuscany (that I have been knitting forever-ever!!).

No comments: