Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I got Lace Style and Favorite Socks today!

I got my copies of Favorite Socks and Lace Style today in the mail. I'm probably the last person to get these, but I held out for free shipping and the cheapness of Amazon, woohoo! They look great, I am excited! In Lace Style, I like the Lily of the Valley stole, the Floral Lace Anklets, the Little Silk Shrug (shrugs are so cute, but I don't know how to wear them), the essential tank top, Tailored Scallops (which is on the cover of Lace Style), Retro Redux Shrug, Katharine Hepburn Cardigan, and Leg Cozies (again, how to wear these?). The Tailored Scallops sweater/coat thing is knitted on huge needles with bulky yarn, I wonder if it will actually be wearable. In Favorite Socks, I think I like everything pretty much! I don't know how to fair isle so the Fair Isle patterns are out for now. I like the Elegant Ribbed Stockings, the Embossed Leaves Socks, the Merino Lace Socks, the Flame Wave Socks, Mock wave Cable Socks (what's great about these is that they don't actually use a Cable needle), Media's Socks, Anniversary socks, Go With the Flow Socks, and last but not least the Waving Lace Socks! I guess I like them all really... Maybe I am taking a break from sock knitting at the moment so that I can knit my Knitting Pure and Simple sweater and a few other tops (possibly summer time tops!).

No comments: