Thursday, January 22, 2009
1. Springgrass Socks in Purple Koigu (they were actually started in 2007, but finished in 2008)
2. Baudelaire Socks in Cherry Tree Hill Supersock (i love the pattern + yarn combination!)
3. Karaoke Cable Scarf
4. Argosy Scarf in Noro Silk Garden Lite (which I gave to my sister Sonia)
5. Drop Stitch Scarf in Lady Godiva (what heavenly yarn!)
6. Multidirectional Scarf in Artyarns Supermerino
7. Go With the Flow Socks in Brownish Koigu (also started in 2007, but finished in 2008)
8. Yarn Over Cable Socks from Sensational Knitted Socks in STR Henpecked
9. Monkey Socks in STR Carbon
10. Baby Cable Rib Socks from Sensational Knitted Socks in STR Chapman Springs
11. Some Generic Socks in Silkie Socks that Rock Eggplanted
12. Anastasia Socks in Claudia Handpainted (Claudia handpainted is so awesome! Wish I had some more of this... should not buy right now :) )
13. Knotty or Knice Socks in STR Sunstone
14. Bacchus Socks in STR Mossay
15. Lace Ribbon Scarf in Classic Elite Alpaca Sox
This year I knit 5 scarves and 10 pairs of socks, holy crap! I need to get a life. Not to mention all the things I started and didn't finish. They will be finished!
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Lace Ribbon Scarf
Originally uploaded by mangokiwi.
This is my lace ribbon scarf that I started way long ago and recently finished. It needs to be blocked and that will likely take me another million years :) But I do have a feeling it will look rather fabulous once it is blocked. I will post a picture of me modeling it once I have blocked it :) The color might be a bit problematic. Hopefully I have something to match with it.
It uses 1 and 1/3 skein of Classic Elite Alpaca Sox. I like this yarn and how it doesn't have as sharp stitch definition as other sock yarns like STR. Hopefully one day I will actually knit a pair of socks out of it :)
Originally uploaded by mangokiwi.
This is the scarf that I complain about that it is so boring. Looks pretty, but too simple. Perhaps it is good to knit while watching a movie or something since it's pretty brainless. I am not sure who to give it to yet. Hmmm....
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
What's on the needles right now:
1. Chevron Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts - this is really boring actually, I just wanted to use up some of STR Mediumweight, the scarf looks nice, but so BORING!
2. Hourglass Socks in STR Jade - these are fun! I like the pattern, I like the way it's turning out! These are my friend Katrina.
3. I recently decided to resume knitting the Broadstreet Mittens I had started over 2 years ago. They are nice, but they are in black. Kind of boring.
4. Some generic socks in STR Mediumweight Scottish Highlands for my mom. My mom likes the really thick socks so these are made especially for her.
5. Hedera Socks in STR Lightweight Tanzanite for me. This is also boring me. I wonder if I will ever finish these. I started this project I'm guessing over 6 months ago.
Some stuff that's been idle for a while that I need to finish:
1. My Wheat Ear Cable Yoke Sweater. Just needs to be seamed. I don't know how to seam and it's boring. Maybe I will get to it eventually.
2. My Wrap Sweater from Knitting Pure and Simple. I believe just a sleeve needs to be finished and the some finishing work.
3. STR mediumweight socks generic toe-up in STR Mediumweight Dutch Canyon.
4. The Wisp Scarf from Knitty in Rowan Kidsilk Haze, for my sister. Also started over 6 months ago.
5. The tilted duster I started way long ago.
What I recently finished:
1. My Lace Ribbon Scarf. I had started this a while ago, "finished" it with one skein and the decided I wanted to make it longer, so i made it ~80" inches instead of ~60". Now I have finished it for good, though it needs to be blocked.
And to further distract me from my goal of finishing these projects, I've decided that I want to try a fair-isle project. I bought some yarn from Woolcott to make a pair of fair-isle mittens (specifically the White Witch Mitts), two colors of Classic Elite Fresco and two colors of Debbie Bliss Rialto, hope they turn out nice! I'm getting kind of bored of socks the way I traditionally knit them, so I am eager to start knitting some mittens (I have my eye on the two Eunny Jang patterns in addition to the one above) and some hats (I have my eye on the beaded one by Grumperina and a beret that was in the IK a few years ago) or socks two at a time.
I also need to buy a 40" US 1 circular needle so that I learn how to knit two socks at the same time using my awesome new book that my friend Minh got me!
When am I going to finish the 10 projects I have listed above!?!